Monday, June 17, 2013

The journey begins...

It is so hard to put into words the feelings I am having having just landed in Israel and made my way to Jerusalem.  I have never been here before, but somehow I feel like I am home.  The flight was long, but inspiring as I shared the flight with many young adults traveling to Israel on their birthright trip.  I kept thinking of the many young adults from TAE who are making this same journey. I hope they feel the connection to Israel that I already feel.  During the flight i tried to prepare myself for what was. Ahead of me by reading Israel, A Spiritual Travel Guide, given to me by Rabbi Dubowe.  As our flight neared Israel i said the first of many blessings I would say today.  Driving from the airport was another amazing experience as I drove past some of the Palestinian territories and could see their homes.  My driver told me he had many Palestinian friends and that the majority of Palestinians and Israelis were able to live side by side in peace.  While I knew this to be true, it was nice to actually see it with my own eyes.  As we neared Jerusalem, my heart began to race.   I said yet another blessing as I neared the Old City.  Such an emotional ride from the airport!  I can't imagine what emotions await me as this trip continues.    I can't wait to share these feelings with the other travelers from TAE who will join me tomorrow...  For now, I will get to see my first true look at the Old City from the Haas Promenade where our b'nai mitzvah service will take place on Friday morning.  I can hardly wait to see what blessings await.

No comments:

Post a Comment